It's finally here... the most anticipated season of the year: fall! With the autumn season comes so many fun traditions, such as pumpkin flavored everything, beautiful hues in nature, and that amazing smell in the air that is so evident this time of year, I get a sense of nostalgia every time I smell it.
I recently made a list of some of my favorite things about summer, so I thought I would follow that up with a few of my favorite things about fall.
1) Football season. While I am not a die-hard fan of any one particular team, I do thoroughly enjoy watching and attending football games. I love the atmosphere of sporting events in general, but football is by far my favorite sport to watch. With fall comes the beginning of football season, and I love enjoying a football game on a Sunday afternoon.
2) Hot coffee. Living in the south, the summer weather can reach temperature levels that warrant iced coffee and nothing else. There are days when I can’t even think about taking a sip of hot coffee without immediately starting to sweat, so when the cooler fall weather starts to roll around, so does my hot coffee addiction.
3) Baking. Even though yes, technically you can bake anytime of the year, there is something cozy about baking fresh cookies or muffins on a crisp fall afternoon. My favorite recipe to bake in the fall is these white chocolate pumpkin muffins.
4) The NC State Fair. This is one of the things I look most forward to during the fall. I have been to the fair every year since I was in elementary school. We used to even get a day off of school just for the fair! I used to go solely for the rides, now I go only for the food! All the funnel cakes, ice cream, deep fried oreos, and chocolate covered frozen bananas, please!
5) The colors. There is something about the rich colors of fall that is so beautiful! My favorite color of all is maroon, and that mixed with the deep yellows, reds, and oranges of the leaves in fall makes everything look so dreamy!
6) Layers. I love the clothing that comes along with fall weather and being able to layer my outfits each day! With all the cardigans and scarves I own, I could definitely have a new outfit for every day of the fall season!
I hope your fall is full of coffee, long walks in the brisk fall afternoons, and relaxing evenings spent with family and friends!